How Can a Hair Transplant Doctor Near Laurel, Maryland Now Help With Hair Loss?
No matter the cause, who you are, or how old you are, hair loss can be devastating. Fortunately, it is possible to reclaim your hair and confidence with the help of a hair transplant doctor near Laurel, Maryland now.
What Is a Hair Transplant Doctor?
A hair transplant doctor is a licensed medical professional that graduated from medical school. Many hair transplant doctors don’t start their career in that way but are often dermatologists or plastic surgeons who later specialize in transplantation.
When searching for this type of specialist, don’t assume just because they are a licensed physician they have the skill and experience needed to perform successful hair transplants. It’s important you verify their training, experience, and their success rate.
You could settle for the first hair transplant surgeon you find, or you can do your research and find the best hair transplant doctor near Laurel, Maryland now. You’ll likely be happier if you take the time you need to find the right hair transplant doctor for you.
Should I Schedule a Consultationation With a Hair Transplant Doctor?
Absolutely! Your hair transplant consultation is an important meeting. This treatment is personalized to your specific needs based on the cause of your hair loss. Your medical history, lifestyle, and goals all need to be evaluated before you proceed with hair restoration treatment.
During this consultation is when you’ll learn about hair transplant techniques, what results you can expect, side effects, cost, and other important information. If you have questions or concerns, now is the time to ask.
What Causes Hair Loss?
There are many reasons you may experience thinning and / or balding. For men, it’s almost always genetics, but it can be the result of certain medications, illness, or stress.
Women typically experience hair loss due to hormonal changes, but like with men, it can also be caused by genetics, medications, illness, or stress. In many cases for both men and women, hair loss is simply a part of aging.
How Is Hair Loss Diagnosed?
Your transplant specialist will first perform a physical exam. You’ll be asked about your diet and your hair care routine as well as your medical history and your family history.
They may order lab testing as well. It’s not uncommon for your hair transplant doctor to order a blood test to determine whether there is an underlying medical condition contributing to your hair loss.
You might also have a scalp biopsy done to rule out any infection. Lastly, light microscopy may be done to uncover hair shaft disorders.
What Treatments Do Hair Transplant Doctors Offer?
Your treatment plan will depend on the cause of your hair loss. Some of the most common include:
- Natural supplements: These can provide nutrients that are key in hair restoration. Products like Viviscal PRO Advanced Hair Health and Nutrafol have shown to be quite successful in helping with hair growth.
- Deep hair cleansings + growth factors: This is a non-invasive and pain-free treatment option that deeply cleans your scalp. Hair growth is stimulated by added peptides and growth factors that are massaged into your scalp.
- HydraFacial Keravive: Maybe you’ve heard of a HydraFacial for skin rejuvenation? The same three-step process can be applied to your scalp to promote new hair growth.
- PRFM for hair restoration: Similar to PRP therapy but with a more concentrated platelet solution, PRFM jump starts your hair follicles to promote new growth.
- Laser therapy + growth factors: A treatment that works at a cellular level, this is especially helpful in treating hair loss caused by androgenetic alopecia.
- NeoGraft: This method of hair transplantation has time and again proven to be quite successful, providing natural looking results. It uses a wand and suction to harvest healthy hair follicles and another tool to implant these follicles into areas of need. Local anesthetic is used during treatment so you remain as comfortable as possible. Patients appreciate this particular technique because it doesn’t cause scarring.
When Will I See Results From Hair Loss Treatments?
It is possible you’ll benefit from more than one treatment, and all of them require patience on your part. Whether you take a supplement or go with the most popular route and choose a hair transplant, it could take several weeks or months to see a change in your hair growth. It may take up to a year to see the final outcome.
I’m Really Interested in a Hair Transplant, but How Much Do They Cost?
Hair transplants are certainly the more permanent solution to hair loss with results that can last many years. Naturally, it costs more than other methods of hair restoration.
The average price range for a hair transplant is $4,000 to $15,000. This will likely be an out-of-pocket expense, as most health insurance providers consider this a cosmetic treatment and not medically necessary. You’ll be given exact pricing during your hair transplant consultation.
I’m Excited About Hair Restoration! Where Do I Find the Top Hair Transplant Doctor Near Laurel, Maryland Now?
Choose Kindred Hair & Skin, of course! Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Chesahna Kindred has dedicated her career to helping men and women who struggle with hair loss. She offers the highest quality treatments using the most advanced techniques.
If you are suffering from hair loss, we encourage you to give us a call to schedule your consultation. Contact us at 443-424-7754 to meet with Dr. Kindred and discuss your options. Let’s get started on a personalized treatment plan guaranteed to restore your hair and your self-esteem!