Important Info Your Permanent Hair Transplant Doctor in Columbia, Maryland Wants You to Know
When you think of a hair transplant, you might remember the beginning when it was only an option for men and the outcome was less than ideal. Those patchy, unsightly plugs and hit-or-miss results? No, thank you!
Fortunately, those days are long gone! Now, you can achieve amazing results from a permanent hair transplant doctor in Columbia, Maryland. Keep reading to learn more!
If You Used to Have Great Hair and Are Wondering What Could Have Caused Hair Loss, Here’s the Scoop
Hair loss has many causes, and it is a condition that affects both men and women. While it is impossible to say the exact cause of yours without a visit to your hair transplant doctor, there are common factors that are likely behind it, including:
- Hormonal changes
- Medical conditions
Signs may include gradual thinning, patchy bald spots, or sudden loss of hair. No matter the cause, your permanent hair transplant doctor can help.
It’s Time to See a Hair Transplant Doctor When…
Most men and women seek treatment as soon as they notice hair loss, but really, it’s up to you. If you find yourself struggling with self-confidence and feel distressed, then there is no reason to delay treatment. Early treatment can prevent significant permanent hair loss.
It’s important to make an appointment with your permanent hair loss doctor if your hair loss comes on suddenly. This could indicate an underlying medical condition that may require treatment.
What Happens During a Hair Transplant, and Is it Painful?
The most frequently used technique, and for many the most successful, is called FUE or follicular unit extraction. It works by harvesting healthy hair follicles and then transplanting them to areas of hair loss.
Men and women appreciate the FUE technique used in treatments like NeoGraft because it provides such natural results. In fact, FUE has largely replaced FUT, or follicular unit transplant, because it has eliminated that hair plug look altogether!
If you are worried about pain, you can relax. While you may feel a tugging or pulling sensation during treatment, your permanent hair transplant doctor in Columbia, Maryland will give you a local anesthetic to make sure you are as comfortable as possible.
The Timeline You Should Expect for Hair Transplant Results Lasts Up to 18 Months
This is a process that does take a bit of patience, so know going in that you won’t see results overnight. New hair growth happens in stages, and while it may seem like a long wait to see the final outcome, it is one that is totally worth it!
- Recovery (first two weeks): Your permanent hair loss doctor will discuss with you all post-treatment aftercare instructions. It’s during this time you might notice some scabbing. Don’t pick at it! That can negatively impact your results. Instead, continue to wash your hair as instructed, and hang in there!
- Two to four weeks after your transplant: You’ll start to notice some shedding, but do not panic! This is normal and is a side effect of the trauma your scalp has gone through. Your newly transplanted follicles will remain in place.
- One to three months post-treatment: Some jokingly refer to this as the “ugly duckling” phase. It can be discouraging, but don’t let it get you down. During this time, you might see very little change or perhaps even no improvement at all.
- Three to four months after your procedure: This is when you’ll start to see new growth as your transplanted hair follicles start to “wake up.” Newly grown hair won’t be as strong or thick as it will be, but it is still new hair!
- Four to nine months: At the end of nine months, at least 90% to 100% of the follicles will have produced new hair. It’s not done yet though!
- Nine to 18 months after your permanent hair transplant: This is the time your hair growth begins to mature. You’ll notice your hair is thicker, stronger, and fuller. While everyone will experience a different timeline, at the end of 18 months you should be able to cut, style, and even color your hair any way you want!
Hair Transplant Results Are Typically Permanent
It is possible for the transplanted follicles to stop growing hair like they used to, but most patients do enjoy their hair transplant for many years. It is rare to need a second procedure. This is typically done to mainly fill in spots that may have started to thin slightly.
If You Want a Hair Loss Consultationation, Here’s What to Expect
During this meeting, your hair transplant doctor will discuss with you your medical history, as well as any medications or supplements you’re taking. Your scalp will also be examined.
You’ll share your goals with your hair loss doctor and have the opportunity to ask questions. It is during your consultation when a personalized treatment plan will be created for you, so this is an essential step in the hair regrowth process.
Are You Ready to Enjoy a Lifetime of Full, Healthy Hair? You Need to Contact the Best Permanent Hair Transplant Doctor in Columbia, Maryland!
But, who might that be? Dr. Chesahna Kindred, of course! At Kindred Hair & Skin Center, our top priority is to safely help you look your best because we know that’s the only way to feel your best.
Start your permanent hair transplant journey today by contacting us at 443-424-7754. We are excited to meet you!