Best Hair Loss Doctor in Howard County: How to Find One and What to Expect
Would you like to learn more about hair restoration methods for thinning hair, receding hair, bald spots, or other concerns? If hair loss is an issue for you, the expert answers you need can only come from the best hair loss doctor in Howard County.
Before you meet with a hair loss doctor, you should first know how to find one that is right for you. Here, you’ll discover tips from the experts on how to find a qualified hair loss doctor and what to expect during your visit.
How Do I Find the Best Hair Loss Doctor?
Hair loss is difficult to cope with, and before making any decisions about hair restoration, you need to find an experienced hair loss doctor. So, what do you look for? The following steps help you make a great choice:
- Talk to people you trust. Figuring out where to begin your search can feel overwhelming, so start yours simply. If you have friends or family members who have sought treatment for hair loss, ask them who they recommend.
- Ask your primary care provider (PCP). Your PCP likely has the inside track on excellent hair loss doctors in your area. Be sure to ask for a referral during your next checkup.
- Verify credentials. A successful hair transplant requires a doctor who is highly qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced. Ideally, you’ll choose a board-certified dermatologist.
Don’t assume what you see on paper is what you get. Take the time to actually verify their credentials. This should include their medical degree, board certification, and years of experience.
- Learn from the experience of other patients. How do you do this? There are four ways – read online reviews, check the doctor’s website for testimonials, take a look at their social media pages, and ask the hair loss doctor if it’s possible to contact other patients.
- Schedule your consultation. This meeting is important and serves several purposes, especially when it comes to determining how well you communicate with the provider.
When Trying to Choose a Hair Loss Doctor, What Questions Should I Ask?
This in itself is a great question! Many people don’t know how to interview, yes interview, a hair loss doctor, but you should treat it as such and be prepared with questions, such as the following:
- What hair restoration methods do you offer?
- Do you have any special certifications?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many hair restoration procedures have you performed?
- What is your success rate?
- May I see before / after photos of your patients?
What Traits Should I Look For When Choosing a Hair Loss Doctor?
Think of the traits you appreciate most in your PCP, and apply those to your hair loss doctor. The best hair loss doctor in Howard County is one who is patient and compassionate, listens well, and makes the effort to understand what you’re going through.
Choosing a hair loss doctor isn’t just about credentials. They need to be someone you can completely trust. During your consultation, pay attention to how you feel. Notice your surroundings. Greet the staff. If anything feels off to you, then that might mean it’s time to look elsewhere.
I’ve Scheduled a Consultationation With My Hair Loss Doctor, so How Do I Prepare?
It’s always better to prep for a visit beforehand. Not only does it help the visit run smoother, but you’ll feel less stressed. What it comes down to is doing a little studying, having important medical information available, and being ready to answer some questions about your hair loss.
Studying? Yes, do some reading on hair restoration treatments. Go into your consultation with at least basic information on possible options. It’ll help you better form your questions.
During your consultation, your doctor will want to take a look at your scalp and the extent of your hair loss. They’ll talk about your medical history and that of your family.
You should be prepared to talk about your concerns, goals, and what you hope to achieve from hair loss treatment. If you have questions such as the ones above, now is the perfect time to ask.
After a full and honest assessment, your hair loss doctor will then share you with the best treatment options. You’ll receive complete information on the hair loss treatment including how it works, benefits, side effects, risks, recovery, and cost. It’s possible you can benefit most from a combination of treatments.
What Are the Top Hair Restoration Treatments in Howard County?
There are several techniques to restore hair, but keep in mind it’s important to follow the guidance of your hair loss doctor. Not all treatments are suitable for everyone.
The most common hair loss treatments include carefully researched vitamins and supplements, deep cleansing, PRP (platelet-rich plasma), laser treatments, and Neograft hair transplants. You might also find a visit to a dermatologic salon incredibly beneficial.
You’ll Find the Best Hair Loss Doctor in Howard County at Kindred Hair & Skin Center!
Board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Chesahna Kindred has dedicated her professional career to helping patients live better lives through healthier hair and skin. She offers only the most advanced and reliable hair restoration treatments and has the skill and knowledge necessary for you to enjoy amazing hair growth results.
If you are concerned about your hair loss and would like to learn more about our hair restoration services, please contact us at 443-424-7754 to schedule your hair loss consultation. We look forward to meeting you!